If you googled “when should I pressure wash my house,” it’s probably time have a good House Washing.
But if you still aren’t sure, and you’re contemplating waiting it out for another year or two before basking in the world of a clean home, the info below is just for you.
Don’t Wait Until Mold and Algae Cover Your Home
For the same reasons that you clean your bathtub when you see soap scum, waiting until black or green cover your home can cause headaches. You won’t be “getting the most value” by holding off, but rather will be increasing the time and labor needed to get your surfaces healthy and attractive again.
In short, it’s definitely more cost-effective to maintain your home and its cleanliness, than to restore it after years of growth.
4 Signs of Needed House Washing
- Bad smells – Uh oh… That’s a sign of organic growth and bacteria. It’s definitely time to call your local professional pressure washing contractor.
- Slippery surfaces – algae and mildew cause slip hazards when wet. They need to be power washed to ensure the areas are clean and safe.
- Lichen and Moss – Especially on the north side of the home. Lichen and moss take years to form. These are not only unsightly, but also a sign that they are causing damage to your home with their root systems.
- Wood Rot – A clean home exterior is a first line of defense, and when that defense gives way the door swings open to moisture and pest intrusion. Wood rot calls for swift repair and/or replacement.
Psst… Want To Know How To Make Your Home Stay Cleaner Longer?
- Hire a reputable company
- Ensure that the right cleaning, cleaning agents, and surface prep is completed (your reputable wash company will clue you in on what needs to be done)
- Use high-quality detergents (you’ll never regret this investment!)
- Routine pressure washing (this extends the life of your paint by washing away harmful contaminants)
- Invest in annual washes and maintenance cleans
If you live in the Northwest Georgia area and have more exterior cleaning questions, be sure to contact us at SpinksPro Pressure Washing. We’re friendly, expert cleaners, and would love the chance to serve you.
Catagories: Housewashing , Pressure Washing